If you are in an intimate relationship, you know it can be the most powerful source of fulfillment and inspiration. You probably also know It can feel like a source of complete debilitation and despair. And sometimes it can oscillate between the two extremes, a bewildering and often exhausting experience.
How can your relationship honor and be a source of strength for each of your individual paths while promoting a mutual transarency that allows each of you to really see and embrace each other? I have been exploring some form of this question with my wife, Shaza, for more than 40 years. And because a relationship is composed of two unique individuals, there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ approach that works very well.
Each of you is on a unique life path with its own transitions, highs and lows, phases of expansion and contraction. When you fall in love, your individual paths appear to sync-up, a very blissful experience. Over time, however, there are periods of being out-of-sync which can feel like falling out of love.
Couple's Play coaching has a way of both honoring your unique self and path while helping you build a broader, deeper, safer and more dynamic container that allows intimacy, trust, wonder and joy to flourish.
I coach the couple who wants to take their functional relationship to a new level of ecstatic union, deep fulfillment and personal vibrancy, sustaining it over many years.
How is this done?
• Together we zero in on a specific hot-button relationship topic where progress will have significant ripple effects throughout the relationship.
• You become skilled at observing the current way you handle your relationship topic (and, by extension, much of your life) as you incrementally build capacity to embody a completely new, more effective and more fulfilling way to be in your topic and your life.
• The coaching experience is characterized not just by profound shifts and expanding capacities, but also by playfulness and laughter. The heaviness that may have accompanied the grueling work of ‘toughing it out’ is replaced by a sense of lightness and freedom in your new way of being together.
• By the end of your program, you are able to assess and adjust to the changing dynamics of your ongoing love affair with the confidence that you will sustain and deepen your relationship for many years.
• If you live in the Denver/Boulder area you are welcome to visit our ongoing couples group that provides a community and a safe container of support for intimate relationships. For many couples who try to make their relationship a priority, it’s a lonely affair. Not so with couples in this group, who’s relationships range in duration from a few short years to more than 50.